2020 Sierra 1500 Showcases GMC Innovation
The new 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 expands on the brand's reputation for developing class-leading features, with the truck offering its carbon fiber bed, turbo-diesel engine, and 10-speed automatic transmission to more customers than ever. These updates are among the truck's many innovative technologies that help the GMC Sierra 1500 define the words Professional Grade.
Here are just a few of the truck's updates for the 2020 model year:
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera
- 3.0-liter Duramax turbo-diesel engine, which was introduced in late 2019, available for the full model year
- Similarly, the CarbonPro Edition with the carbon fiber bed, also a late 2019 introduction, is available for the entire model year
- An available Enhanced ProGrade Trailering system features the segment's first-ever transparent trailer view
- 8-inch diagonal infotainment system supports SiriusXM® with 360L for properly-equipped models
- The 10-speed automatic transmission is available to team with the 5.3-liter V8 engine
These features are added to the class-leading ones already established for the Sierra 1500, such as the MultiPro Tailgate, multi-color head-up display, and rear camera mirror. When you consider the premium features and dominating performance offered by the GMC Sierra 1500, it's easy to see why the truck is so popular with our Chicopee, Springfield MA, Westfield MA, and Enfield CT customers.
In a press release, Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global GMC, was quoted as saying, "The Sierra is delivering the tech customers want in the light-duty truck market, and the 2020 model demonstrates that Professional Grade means never slowing down. In just its first year on the market, the 2019 Sierra introduced the available, industry-first CarbonPro Bed and MultiPro tailgate. The truck's 2020 updates show how the Sierra continues to raise the bar year in and year out."